As the Safer At Home mandate currently challenges us to keep from all but essential travel through at least May 20, we know that people are dreaming about future travel plans. Although we do not know when non-essential travel will resume, we do know folks will want to “GET-AWAY” when the time is right. You may already be thinking about, and searching for, your next getaway. We realize when pleasure travel is permitted, COVID-19 fears may remain. We are aware travelers will search for a destination where safety and wellness is addressed so peace-of-mind can result.
Lori and I have been very pleased with the local response to the pandemic. Area businesses and residents have taken the threat very seriously, and the City of Appleton has issued a health emergency order to continue to follow Safer at Home and Essential Travel guidelines through May 20, 2020. Area governement, businesses and agencies are working hard to prepare for re-opening. When the time comes, we invite you to get-away to Appleton and the Fox Cities, and stay with us at the Franklin Street Inn Bed and Breakfast.
Why Choose the Franklin Street Inn?
- Whether it is with us or another B&B, future travelers may find comfort in our smaller size. To start, there is less chance of exposure to other people. Additionally, the small size is easier to clean and sanitize efficiently and completely, including throughout the day.
- The Franklin Street Inn is one of many B&B’s that allow rental of the entire place for family and friends.
- As a proud member of the Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association, we live up to the highest quality standards and professionalism in hospitality. We are licensed, inspected and insured.
Ways we are working to make your stay safe!
Special attention will be paid to guest needs, to industry practices, and to Local, State and National guidance regarding this pandemic. Here are some of the things we offer to make your stay safe:
1) Impeccable Cleanliness
The Franklin Street Inn is our home, not just a place of business. We have always had strict sanitizing and cleaning procedures in place. Future guests may feel more comfortable knowing what additional measures we are taking:
- More frequent sanitizing of high touch areas in the Inn’s public spaces.
- Strict attention to detail in disinfecting and sanitizing rooms, including items such as door knobs, keys, light switches and tv remotes to name a few.
- After cleaning, spraying all areas of the guest room with disinfectant spray.
- Hand sanitizer placed in public areas.
- Even greater attention to our already high personal hygiene habits, especially regarding extra hand washing and wearing masks during cleaning.
2) Check-In/Check Out Procedures
Social-distancing is now the norm, and we know it may continue for some time. We have and can assist here also with no lines for checking in and out:
- Our reservation and payment systems have always been available through secure online and telephone procedures.
- Directions for check-in and accessing your room can be via email upon request.
- Check-out is simply leaving your key in the room and calling or texting us at departure.
3) Other Social-Distancing
Although we are considered an essential business, we will follow all appropriate health guidelines as well as all legally imposed guidelines by local or state officials.
- Reservations will be limited to no more than 6 guests at a time until full opening is warranted.
- The innkeepers have always been available via phone, text and email.
- As best we are able, we will help guests coordinate arrival and departure times from the Inn before, during, and at the end of their stay.
- All of our rooms have private bathrooms, no sharing necessary.
- Wifi is available throughout the house, allowing guest use while separated.
- Our outdoor seating areas will provide guests places to enjoy the porch and gardens while keeping enough distance from other guests. Sanitizing these after guest use.
- Additional outdoor space is available ½ block away at City Park as well as other parks throughout Appleton.
4) Breakfast and Meals
Everyone needs to eat! We provide safe conditions and information for breakfast and other meals. We are a fully inspected Inn, including licensing by the Appleton Health Department. Other ways we provide safe meal situations include:
- We are following all recommended food service guidelines.
- Free room service is available for breakfast, and continental breakfast items can be provided to guests as requested.
- The Inn always serves individually plated breakfast at arranged times with each room/guest.
- As guests are permitted to eat in the dining room, we can serve our full elegant breakfasts at separate tables and times.
- Since the Inn always serves breakfast at arranged times with each guest, we can be sure to stagger breakfast times for distancing and sanitation.
For other meal needs:
- We provide dining guides for Appleton that includes contact information.
- Updated information about which restaurants are providing take-out and delivery can be sent via email or text.
- As restaurants begin opening on a limited basis, and then fully, updates can be provided.
6) Cancellation Policies
If you are concerned about making a reservation at this time:
- We have always handled cancellations of DIRECT BOOKINGS on a case-by-case basis. (#Book Direct)
- Either full refunds or gift certificates for future stays will be given regardless of the date cancelled. Note: Legally, we are required to collect tax on any reservation cancelled under 24 hours in advance.
- Bookings through Online Travel agencies such as Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and their many partners will be handled through the cancellation policies stated on those sites regarding COVID-19 travel.
7) Additional Information
We are all in this together and we appreciate your support for us and other small, local businesses.
- Keith and Lori are the only employees, no other employees entering the Inn.
- Lori works as a speech pathologist 3 days per week at Kaukauna schools, the Inn is our main source of income.
- The school where Lori works is closed, and she works from home providing distance learning services to her students. This helps to prevent possible spread of the virus.
- We are using email and telephone for all business transactions whenever possible.
- We have been practicing safe social distancing and additional cleaning since March 12.
If you have any questions or additional concerns, please call us at 920-209-9711, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to travel or are dreaming about a get-away, we hope you will consider staying with us at the Franklin Street Inn Bed and Breakfast. Gift Certificates are also available via our website or by phone.
In the meantime, stay healthy!