Franklin Street Inn Bed and Breakfast – A note about COVID-19
Like most of the hospitality industry, The Franklin Street Inn Bed and Breakfast has been GREATLY effected by the travel bans, closures and event cancellations impacted by the Corona virus (COVID-19). We hope all are doing their part to stay safe during this pandemic, and look forward to when we can return to normal.
We remain Open for Essential Travel as a Safer Way to Stay! Although Wisconsin's "Safer at Home" policy has been altered by the courts, the City of Appleton has issued a Health Department order to continue Safer at Home and Essential Travel only guidelines through May 20th.
As such, we continue to remain open for essential travel following these guidelines. We want to keep our guests as safe as possible during their stay! As such, we will continue to take reservations via telephone at 920-209-9711 and discussing circumstances with potential guests through at least May 20th. Full-month stay options will be considered. When we accept you as a guest, we will do everything possible to make your stay with us a safe experience. We will continue to follow Safer at Home policies and practices as well as those recommended by the CDC and WI Department of Health. Several of these practices are noted below.
- More frequent disinfecting/sanitizing of high touch areas in the Inn’s public spaces to our already high cleanliness standards.
- Greater attention to our already high personal hygiene habits, especially regarding handwashing and other health/safety standards when cleaning and preparing breakfasts.
- We are using cleaning products and procedures that are approved for eliminating COVID-19.
- We have always been able to serve individual breakfasts to guests at tables a safe distance apart.
- The Inn always serves breakfast at arranged times with each guest, and we can stagger times as appropriate.
- We are offering free room service for breakfast as requested.
- Reservations will continue to be limited to no more than 6 guests at a time, guaranteeing that there will always be fewer than 10 people in the Inn during someone’s stay.
- The Inn is spacious enough to keep the "safe distance" of 6 feet from others at all times.
- Keith and Lori are the only employees, so there are no other employees potentially infecting the Inn.
- We are using email and telephone for all business transactions whenever possible.
- We are diligent about safe practices when shopping for food items.
Cancellations – If you are concerned about making a reservation at this time:
- Either full refunds or gift certificates for future stays will be given regardless of the date cancelled.
- We have always handled cancellations of DIRECT BOOKINGS on a case-by-case basis.
- Bookings beyond May 26th through Online Travel agencies such as Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and their many partners will be handled through their cancellation policies regarding COVID-19.
- Special attention will be paid to guest needs, to industry practices, and to State and National guidance regarding this pandemic.
If you have any questions or additional concerns, please call us at 920-209-9711. We hope you join us at the Franklin Street Inn for your travel. In the meantime, stay healthy!