Our Green Policy
Guest Thank You:
We appreciate that you are making a lodging choice that supports conservation and preservation of our environment!
The Franklin Street Inn is committed to environmental improvements to help protect the Earth while pledging to provide our guests the quality of service they expect and deserve!
Checklist of Best Practices
- Nontoxic, biodegradable detergents & cleansers are used
- Guests are encouraged to reuse linens & towels
- A recycling program is in place
As a guest, ways you can help:
- Water: You can help us conserve water consumption by taking shorter showers-shortening by 1-2 min. saves 700 gal/month. Turn off water while you brush your teeth-saves 3 gal./day. Don’t let water run unnecessarily.
- Electric: Conserve energy by turning off lights when you leave. Avoid leaving lights on when not in the room or through the night. Turn off TV, unplug cell phone & battery chargers when not in use.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: We have a marked trash container in the hall for recycling plastic, metal, & paper.
- Laundry: Participate in our optional towel & linen reuse program. A towel hanging will not be changed. Place towels on the bathroom floor to signal housekeeping that you would like a fresh towel.
- Air quality: We are a smoke-free inn. Smoking permitted outside only.
Travel Green Wisconsin
We’re honored to be accepted as eco-friendly by Travel Green Wisconsin (see certification standards below). Inn practices which are visible for you to experience:
Lighting on timers or motion sensors, compact fluorescent light bulbs when possible, caulking & weather stripping seal window air leaks, recycling of our paper, metals, & plastics, low-flow shower heads to save water, linen re-use program, environmentally-friendly cleaning & laundry, micro-fiber cloths are used vs. paper for cleaning, guest toiletries have natural & organic ingredients, glassware is preferred over paper products, cloth is preferred over paper napkins, heating & cooling of inn is at recommended guest comfort levels, windows open for ventilation and cooling, our cotton, micro-fiber, & bamboo linens, pillows, & towels help save the earth, local & fresh in-season produce for guests, antique inn furniture is repaired & restored for everyone’s pleasure & preservation of natural wood resources.
Travel Green Wisconsin Certification Standards
Travel Green Wisconsin is a voluntary program that reviews, certifies, & recognizes tourism businesses that have made a commitment to reduce their environmental impact. Visit their site at www.travelwisconsin.com to learn more.
Franklin Street Inn Bed & Breakfast in Appleton has met & exceeded the total of points needed for certification. They have earned 48 certified points. Their membership started in June 2009.
Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist Summary
Basic Requirement (48 pts. scored (30 pts required for certification)
- Section A: Communication & Education
- Section B: Waste Reduction, Reuse, & Recycling
- Section C: Energy Efficiency, Conservation, & Management
- Section D: Water Conservation & Wastewater Management
- Section E: Air Quality
- Section F: Wildlife & Landscape Conservation & Management
- Section G: Transportation
- Section H: Purchasing
- Section I: Local Community Benefits
Franklin Street Inn Bed and Breakfast
318 East Franklin Street
Appleton, Wisconsin, WI 54911, United States
+1 920 2099711