We hope everyone is well and doing their part to get over-the-hump of this pandemic. Lori and I have sheltered in place since mid-March and always practice good hygiene. Like most of the hospitality industry, The Franklin Street Inn Bed and Breakfast has been GREATLY effected by the Corona virus (COVID-19). Travel bans, closures and event cancellations have all impacted our business. Lori and I continue to clean and maintain the Inn, work on finance options, and work on projects to improve the business and guest experience. We have also taken time to reflect, pray, and check on family and friends.
Open for Essential Travel Only
In cooperation with Wisconsin’s “Safer at Home” policy, for the month of April we remain open for essential travel only. Due to the updates regarding Safer at Home and essential travel, we are only open for specific situations. To protect our guests and ourselves, we are only taking reservations via telephone at 920-209-9711. During the call we will discuss potential guests’ specific circumstances and needs. When we accept a guest, we will do everything possible to make your stay with us a safe experience. We follow all “Safer at Home” policies and practices as well as those recommended by the CDC. The remainder of this post shares more specific information regarding the guidance.
- Frequent disinfecting of high touch areas in the Inn’s public spaces to our already high cleanliness standards.
- Greater attention to our already high personal hygiene habits, especially regarding handwashing and other health/safety standards when cleaning and preparing breakfasts.
- Lori and I do the cleaning and wear masks and gloves.
- We are offering free room service of our full or continental breakfast.
- The Inn will provide either full breakfast or continental breakfast items to guests per the guests’ request.
- The Inn always serves breakfast at arranged times with each guest.
- Reservations will be limited to no more than 6 guests at a time, guaranteeing that there will always be fewer than 10 people in the Inn during someone’s stay.
- Arrival times will be staggered to provide guests with distancing measures.
- The Inn is spacious enough to keep the “safe distance” of 6 feet from others at all times.
If you are concerned about making a reservation at this time:
- Either full refunds or gift certificates for future stays will be given regardless of the date cancelled.
- We have always handled cancellations of DIRECT BOOKINGS on a case-by-case basis.
- Bookings through Online Travel agencies such as Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and their many partners will be handled through their cancellation policies regarding COVID-19.
- Special attention will be paid to guest needs, to industry practices, and to State and National guidance regarding this pandemic.
Keith and Lori are the only employees, thus less potential for infection.
We are using email and telephone for all business transactions whenever possible.
We Ask for Your Help
If you need to travel now, we hope you will consider staying with us at the Franklin Street Inn. We highly anticipate being back to near normal by June, hopefully sooner. Of course lessons learned include adding to our already high standards of cleanliness and service.
If you are traveling to Appleton this summer, we would love to host you. We would appreciate it if you are able to make a reservation soon, or purchase a gift certificate for a future stay. Doing so would help us weather the storm of little to no income. These deposits and sales will allow us to get through these difficult times. You can #Book Direct or purchase a gift certificate by calling us or clicking here.
Our online availability calendar is posted for 2020. If you have any questions or additional concerns, please call us at 920-209-9711. In the meantime, stay healthy!