March 6, 2016 by: Keith Hansen
Favorite Recipe: Signature Egg & Sausage Strata
Guests call this comfort food!
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage, select your favorite variety
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 6 whole English muffins (sour dough, whole wheat, plain)
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 2 ½ c. milk
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c. green pepper, finely grated (optional)
- Brown & drain pork sausage.
- Mix soup & sour cream together.
- Crumble muffins & line a greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Mix eggs & milk together in a separate bowl.
- Layer in pan ½ sausage, ½ grated cheese, ½ soup mixture on to crumbled muffins. Repeat layers ending with soup mixture, then smooth with spatula.
- Pour milk & egg mixture over all (poke with sharp knife to help absorb milk mixture).
- Cover & refrigerate overnight. Next day, bake uncovered at 300° for 1 hour.
- Rest" on cooling rack for 5 minutes. Cut into squares & serve.
Reheats & freezes well. Serves: 12.