Do you want to come on over so you can?
~imagine the wonderful aroma of home-cooked food drifting up to your
~imagine thinking while you eat, "I didn't know that food could taste so
Life at our inn is oh so comforting because you can:
~Sit a spell, linger at our dining room table with warm conversation.
~discover life at its best & enjoy my breakfast cooking from scratch.
~let time stand still & reflect on the elegance of the 19th century in our
formal dining room.
Can I share two secrets with you on your next visit?
~Ask me for my secret spice?
~Ask me why my food is so heavenly?
Every season there is a:
reason to stay with us.
The inn has a very small kitchen,
~but the size of the room makes no difference on the quality of the food
for our guests.
What does make the difference, is my huge passion to
~... share the best in what a seasonal breakfast could be.
Put us on your next culinary trail. Check out some of our typical
seasonal menu plans:
Fall in Wisconsin (September-November)
- Baked Apple with meringues or crumble topping
- Wisconsin Four-Cheese Lovers' Eggs with Wisconsin Nueske Applewood
Smoked Bacon or Falling in Love with Egg Bake
- Cranberry Fritters, Pumpkin Bread Pudding with signature topping or Apple
- Icelandic Lemon Mousse
Winter in Wisconsin (December-February)
- Warms you through & through Hot Cider Cranberry Drink
- Slowly simmered crock pot spiced fruit medleys Oh So Good Hot Fruit
- Featuring Wisconsin Door County dried cherries & apples Wisconsin Baked
- Our signature creamy, cheesy egg delight with Patrick Cudahy Bacon from
Cudahy, WI Blue Ribbon Eggs
- With a light touch of chocolate & caramel Turtle Toast Royale
Spring in Wisconsin (March-May)
- My favorite time is to pick lilacs from our tree for the table & in your
- Berry Good Smoothie
- Fresh rhubarb from my garden Rhubarb Tapioca Pudding
- Cordon Bleu Strata or Creamy Ham & Egg Cups
- Strawberry Muffins with our signature cinnamon-honey butter or Apricot
Summer in Wisconsin (June-August)
- Garden flowers on our table
- Fresh watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew, blueberries, strawberries,
grapes, pineapple, nectarines, etc. enhanced by our signature Tangy Fruit
- Garden Veggie Quiche/with Jones sausage from Fort Atkinson, WI(all
natural& gluten free) or Artichoke Ham Puffs
- Fresh Blueberry Streusel French Toast or Strawberry Crepes
- Refreshing Fruit Sorbet or Pretty Peach Soup
During our dining experience, you may...
~eat family style in our formal dining room or in the privacy of your
~socialize with others around the breakfast table because that is what many
guests look forward to at our inn.
~hopefully be added to our growing testimony list soon?
You truly have culinary talents for your delicious breakfasts! You were
a fine cook. I was really enjoying the Rhubarb Tapioca Fruit Medley in your
first course. Then, the Egg Surprise Entreé with your Turtle Toast Royale got
even better. I almost couldn't make room for your Lemon Mousse. All I can say
is, "I loved it!" You also do a beautiful food plate presentation! I will try
to do your recipes justice because buying your inn cookbook gives me a chance
to take you home with me.
Betty & Tony
Thank you for all the hospitality, it really was like staying with
friends who are good cooks. I will recommend you with five stars.
Rosemary & Jim
Breakfast was wonderful. Every bite brought on an explosion of our taste
buds, what a treat!
Chris & Greg
The breakfast was Fan-tabulous! You eat like this all the time? I am so
Jesse & Linda
We loved our room & the whole house, and the breakfasts were delicious!
You should open a restaurant, Judy!
Irene & Christopher
I'll take 10 lbs. of that Cinnamon Honey Butter home with me and, oh,
could you rustle up 20 pieces of that wonderful Apple Pecan Pancake, too? I
want all of my family and friends back in Madison to try your breakfast! I'll
take that all with me!
Jennifer & Nolan
Le Chef Judy
comes from a long line of kitchen magicians; grandmother, mother, &
myself, all with the love of cooking and baking.
But above all we,
~offer hospitality and food to guests in our home so that memories can
~shares favorite recipes. (see recipes page on